HCS 490 Week 3 Demographic paper (Vaginismus)
Individual Assignment: Demographic Paper
Resource: Demographic Paper grading criteria located on the student website.
You have been designated by the senior management team at a community hospital to write a summary on the effects of changes in population demographics on the needs and services for a selected population.
• Identify the population on which your case study will focus, such as the aging population, patients with a particular chronic disease, children, patients with AIDS, patients requiring long-term care, or emergency management.
• Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper about the demographic you selected. Include the following in your paper:
- Identify the targeted population.
- Gather data about the population demographics.
- Describe the general impact that changing demographics may have on the health care market.
- Why and how will changes in the demographics of this population affect health care?
- Identify two key health care-related challenges to this population, such as increases in health care costs, increases in prescription drug costs, or the need for in-home medical care.
- Describe how a chronic disease wellness program may affect the costs for this demographic.
- What do the demographics tell you about the marketing needs or services needed for this population?
- How can the individual patient, the community, and society as a whole address these challenges?
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed references, not including the textbook.