Facility disaster management plan: You are a new health services administrator at Good-Patient Hospital
Topic: You are a new health services administrator at Good-Patient Hospital located on the east coast of Florida. Upon reviewing different aspects of the facility, you realize that there is no facility disaster management plan in place. You are specifically worried about hurricanes but recognize that there may be other types of disasters that need attention. Good sources to look is publications from the JCAHO and the Florida Dept of Health.
Original Post You have three options available to you to develop the plan. These include:
- assign the task to one of the junior health services administrators within the facility;
- form a planning committee of employees to develop the plan; or
- bring in an experience contractor to create the plan.
In your original post discuss:
- Which of these options, or combination of options, do you think will help you create the best plan possible? and
- What types of organizations outside your facility might be important partners to include in the plan because they would be key in responding to a disaster?