EXP105 – Author’s final thoughts
The primary goal of your last assignment is to reflect on what you have learned about yourself as a learner as a result of this class and how you will use this knowledge to succeed in future courses. Reflecting on your thoughts, actions, and feelings and making appropriate connections will help you plan for your future success.
Review the video EXP105 – Author’s final thoughts and the “Model Final Assignment” document in the online classroom. Use the sample as a guide to complete your own. Then, in a five-paragraph that is two to three pages in length, please address the following:
- Paragraph 1: How would you explain learning to someone who has not taken this class? Review the explanations given in the textbook to help you formulate your response. How have your views of learning changed as a result of this class? You may wish to look back at your introduction from Week One, in which you were asked to define the term learning and compare that definition to what you know now.
- Paragraph 2: Describe yourself as a learner in terms of how you typically use your team of Learning Patterns. Identify your Learning Pattern scores and describe the ways in which you use each Pattern. Also, explain how all four Patterns interact together as you take in the world around you and make sense of it.
- Paragraph 3: Analyze the benefits of your unique combination of Learning Patterns by identifying strategies specific to each Learning Pattern that you used to complete readings, discussions, assignments, and quizzes in this course. Describe how you took advantage of your learning strengths to become a more intentional learner.
- Paragraph 4: Analyze the challenges of your unique combination of Learning Patterns. Describe how you used or should have used the concept of FITing your Learning Patterns to ensure your success as a student in this class. Identify the strategies and resources you will use to better FIT your Patterns to become a more intentional learner in future courses.
- Paragraph 5: Reflect on the past five weeks and describe what you enjoyed most about this class and what you would change about the class. Also, share what your expectations of online learning were when you began this course. Were your expectations met? Why, or why not? Consider the course content, online learning platform, and interactions with your peers and instructor when reflecting on your expectations.