Electronic Medical Record Communication
Resource: Communication Paper grading criteria located on the student website.
There are a variety of communication modalities available to health care consumers and health care providers. These modalities and venues of communication may entail benefits and challenges to both consumers and providers.
• Select one communication modality used for marketing in health care.
• Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper about a communication modality used in health care. Includethe following in your paper:
o Identify one specific mode of communication used by consumers and health care providers, such as e-mail, a web-based forum, or electronic medical records.
o List and discuss the following:
- One benefit to the patient
- One aspect relating to the values and importance of maintaining patient confidentiality when using this mode of communication
- One reason this mode is an effective means of communication between consumers and providers
- How does this mode of communication differ from others?
- How might media and social networking change communication in health care?
- How is this mode of communication used to market health care products or services, if applicable?
• Format paper consistent with APA guidelines.
• Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed references, not including the textbook.