Effective Leadership Answers
MGT 500 Final Exam
45-point cumulative questions (2 page response each)
- What does effective leadership mean to you? Reference course material to support your position. Examples are also encouraged.
- Organizational culture is an important factor to consider across the functions of management. Write an essay describing how organizational culture impacts (or is impacted by) each function of management. I recommend using a specific organization to illustrate your points.
12-point questions (2 paragraph response each)
- Describe and illustrate (i.e., provide an example) the norm of reciprocity and the power of authority.
- What is the most important function of human resource management? Defend your position.
- There are a number of ways to evaluate and measure employee performance. Of the options, which would you recommend for the job of flight attendant at Southwest Airlines? Defend your choice.
- Kotter outlines 8 steps necessary for change. Which of these steps do you think is most important? Why? Which do you think is least important? Why?
- Measurement is a key aspect of a manager’s job (the control function). Describe two common workplace measures. Why do we measure these things, and what information do they provide for decision-making?
Directions: Answer all 7 questions. You are welcome to use any and all course (and outside) materials to answer the questions. As you have throughout this course, please cite all references you use, and include a full reference section at the end of the exam.