Discuss the best ways a vendor could demonstrate its product and services to Valley Practice staff
- Drawing from the Valley Practice Scenario (case study document attached), discuss the best ways a vendor could demonstrate its product and services to Valley Practice staff. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Analyze the system acquisition process and determine which step of the process would be the most difficult to execute correctly, as well as steps that could be taken to ensure proper execution.
- Use the Internet to research systems that would be appropriate for Valley Practice (case study document attached), outline a sample implementation system plan for the health care provider you researched, including the types of individuals that should be involved.
- Analyze the things that can go wrong during system implementation and develop a list of five best practices that any organization could leverage to alleviate potential problems. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Evaluate the core technologies that currently support health care information systems and determine which is the most useful across the greatest number of situations. Explain your rationale.
- Anticipate how user interactions with systems will evolve over the next 20 years. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Analyze the various health care information system standards discussed in Chapter 9 (see attachment “Use for #5”) and determine if a list of best practices for the development of standards could be created, and if so, what recommendations it would include. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Use the Internet to research one or more of the standards addressed in Chapter 9. Discuss what changes have been introduced to the standard(s) you researched since the publication of the textbook, and how you see them improving the overall quality of the health care system.
- Analyze the various threats to the security of health care information and determine which one(s) you believe are the most threatening. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Use the Internet to research recent articles discussing whether the HIPPA Security Rule is too stringent or not stringent enough. Determine if you believe the regulations laid out in the HIPPA Security Rule are stringent enough, not stringent enough, or appropriate. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the administrative, physical, and technological safeguards currently used in health care organizations and determine where the most work is still needed. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Discuss ways not addressed in the text for minimizing the risks associated with using wireless networks and allowing remote access to health information.