Difference between skimming and cash larceny
MBA 576 Fraud Management: Week 2 – Asset Misappropriation
Week 2 – Asset Misappropriation
Chapter 3: Cash Larceny
Chapter 9: Non-Cash Assets
- Explain the difference between skimming and cash larceny, and tell which is more difficult to detect and why?
- Explain, “lapping” and how it can conceal the skimming of receivables.
- Explain how a refunds or discounts account can be used to conceal a cash theft. Provide an example.
- Provide some examples of expense reimbursement schemes.
- List some indicators of cash theft from a business.
- Describe a common area/type of a non-cash asset misappropriation.