Develop three best practices for effective IT governance
Answer each bullet with 1 paragraph (5-6 sentences) – No references needed
- Develop three best practices for effective IT governance. Explain the rationale behind each of the three practices you develop.
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of users, the IT Department, and senior management, and suggest at least one additional responsibility for each group that would improve the overall quality of IT performance.
- Evaluate the various studies regarding IT effectiveness and determine which study provides the most useful information or insights to the greatest number of healthcare organizations. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the process for developing an IT budget and determine which aspect of the budgeting process is the most difficult to execute correctly. Provide examples of how the difficulties of the aspect you identified could be addressed.
- Describe key campaign strategies that a U.S. presidential candidate can use in order to ascend to presidency in today’s political environment. Then, compare at least two such successful strategies that were used in the past by U.S. presidential candidates.
- Discuss a likely organizational change associated with IT initiatives at your current (or former) place of work and its impact on the organization. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Use the Internet to research at least one theory of change management. Discuss how the change management theory you researched could be applied to help manage the likely organizational change you described in the previous topic. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the structure and processes used to manage IT projects and suggest at least one additional role or process modification that would make managing IT projects more effective.
- Analyze the various causes of IT initiative failures and determine which one is likely responsible for the greatest number of failed projects. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the nature of IT-enabled value and create a short argument or proposal for an IT initiative of your choice.
- Evaluate the steps to improve IT project value realization and make at least one recommendation for improvement. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the reasons discussed in Chapter 15 for why IT fails to deliver returns, determine which is the most likely to effect the greatest number of health care organizations, and discuss what steps could be taken to address the reasons why IT fails to deliver returns. (SEE ATTACHMENT)
- Select two examples of intangible value and discuss possible approaches that an organization could use to measure each of the two values. Explain your rationale.
- Suggest at least two electoral or constitutional means by which an informed citizenry could safeguard against a corrupt or bloated bureaucracy
- Identify one or two impediments that may prevent an average citizen from receiving a fair trial in the U.S. Then, determine at least one policy that could prevent unfair trials in the U.S. court system.
- Identify at least two changes that may occur for Social Security and Medicare benefits in the next 20 years. Then, describe key policies that the U.S. government could implement in order to ensure positive changes for Social Security and Medicare benefits based on your prediction.