Describe the purpose of quality management in health care organizations
Quality Management Assessment Summary
Use the same organization type you selected for the Risk Management Assessment Summary in Week Two. Your role as a consultant continues as you relate risk management policies and practices to quality management. You must summarize a plan for the organization’s leadership that will serve as the foundation for developing a quality management program description for the organization.
Resource: Quality Management Assessment Summary Grading Criteria
Research key concepts of quality management in health care, factors that influence quality outcomes, and the relationship between risk management and quality management.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word executive summary in which you complete the following:
- · Describe the purpose of quality management in health care organizations in general and in your chosen organization type in particular.
- · Explain three to five key concepts of quality management. Comment briefly on why there are so many other names and terms used to describe quality management—continuous quality improvement, total quality management, performance management, and performance improvement—and if these distinctions are important. Explain the terminology your chosen organization type uses and why your organization uses them.
- · Outline at least three of the organization type’s typical long-term goals and at least three typical short-term goals.
- · Identify at least five factors—internal and external—that influence quality outcomes in your chosen organization type and describe how these factors might negatively affect quality outcomes in your organization.
- · Identify three to five fundamental quality-management policies that should be implemented, how these relate to risk management, and how they will influence health outcomes.
- · Explain the relationship between risk management and quality management in your chosen organization type and how these two disciplines relate to performance management.
Include at least four sources, two from the University Library and two from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a list of all resources and websites used in your research.
Format the executive summary and reference list consistent with APA guidelines.