Contingent Liabilities and Commitmentsby Fiverr Tutors
|United Arab Emirates University
College of Business and Economics, Accounting Department
Intermediate Accounting II, Acct 245
(10% of course assessment)
- Always refer to your source of information in citations.
- The department has a zero tolerance towards plagiarism (coping, outsourcing, etc.). Also, if a student’s report is taken from another student’s report, both students will be awarded ZERO.
- Read the document named Financial Statement Disclosures – PwC Document.
- Explain the concept of “Contingencies and Commitments Disclosures”.
- Research relevant IFRS/IAS issued regarding disclosure requirements of “Contingencies and Commitments Disclosures”. Summarize the major points as per the relevant IFRS/IAS.
- Research the discussions/opinions/reviews/comments by industry specialists i.e. PwC, KPMG, E&Y or Deloitte regarding disclosures of “Contingencies and Commitments Disclosures”. Summarize the key points.
- Put minimum two extracts of “Contingencies and Commitments Disclosures”from different organizations presenting financial statements as per IFRS.
- Hold combined group discussions of minimum 3 hours to discuss the above project.
Length of discussion:The length of your discussion for this section should be 2000-2500 words.
Total marks: 10
Marks for combined work: 7
Marks for individual viva: 3
Marks for combined work would be assigned on following criteria
- Contents of the project ( 1 mark)
- Resources consulted for the project (2 mark)
- Clarity of the sentences and interrelated paragraphs (2 mark)
- Summarizing skills (1 mark)
- Team working(1 mark)
Marks for individual viva
- Technical knowledge of the subject matter (1 mark)
- Logical answering of the questions (2 marks)