Business, Society and Government – Lobbying in America
BUS 351 – Business, Society and Government
Assignment – Position Paper 1
- Research the role of lobbyists in at least one US industry and give examples of how they have influenced the process of governmental regulation. Discuss your view of the
The Stakeholder Approach
- Research the decision to give the ecosystem legal rights under the Ecuadorian constitution and discuss the ethical grounding of the decision.
- Research the “California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010”. Discuss the pressures which led to this new law and the goals it hopes to achieve.
- The paper should be 8 pages, double-spaced and stapled, plus the Cover Page and References list. Your paper must be TYPED – please, no handwritten and scanned submissions. Use 12-point Times New Roman font.
- You must use at least two scholarly sources, which typically means journal articles. I will be happy to tell you if a source is appropriate (send an email, or show me in class or during office hours) and you may also see the Business Research Librarian, Carol Zsulya.
- You may use other sources in addition to the required scholarly sources. Please use newspapers, trade publications and the like. Any reference to Wikipedia is unacceptable.
- Use in-text citations with page numbers. Use APA format for your references.
- Your paper will not be graded if it is not submitted in its entirety. In such a case, once I have the complete paper it will then be graded as a “Late Submission” with the necessary penalties applied.
- Every page of your paper should have a header with your name and the title of the assignment. This is for your benefit – if your staple is defective, the resulting random pages in my office without a name on them cannot be traced to an owner nor can they be graded!
- You must upload your paper to the Dropbox on the day it is due. Your name.pdf should be the file name. Include electronic copies of all sources used in your paper – send them as .pdf attachments and name them with your name and the author’s name.pdf.
- Please do not forget that 10% of the course grade is based upon satisfactory progress in the Peer Review process used in this course.