BIBL 425 Justification by Faith
Write a 10–15-page theological, exegetical research paper on the following topics in Romans:
- Justification by Faith: Consider the theological concept of justification by faith as developed in the apostle Paul’s letter to the Romans. The paper should exegetically and systematically present the topic as it is developed in Romans. Include the following sections using appropriate subheadings according to Turabian:
- Definition – how is the term justification defined by scholars? What is your own definition based on your research?
- Basis – what is the act of being justified based or grounded on, that is, what is necessary to have happened or to be true in order for justification to be possible?
- Means – How does one obtain justification? What is the means by which one is justified?
- Time factors – Is justification an act or a process? Is it instantaneous or gradual?
- Results/fruits – Once one has been justified, what benefits or results follow?
- Assurance – How can one be assured of justification?
Only the words in bold (above) should appear as the subheadings. Be sure to thoroughly analyze what the apostle Paul teaches in his letter to the Romans about the subheadings and questions listed above. This paper must be based on theological and exegetical research.