Basic leadership skills you need to succeed
LDR 300 Week 4 Assignment Strategies for Building Effective Relationships Paper
Your uncle owns a mid-sized manufacturing business for which you worked between high school graduation and college. You were involved in many non-managerial operations, from distribution to manufacturing experience. As a new graduate, you seek employment.
Your uncle has offered you a position as the new product development project leader. If you accept this position, you must address the following concerns:
- Revenue on the business’ standard products has dropped significantly in the past 3 years.
- There are no new ideas on the horizon.
- No one is leading project managers.
- The last project leader left the business because of conflicts with peer managers and immediate supervisors.
After careful consideration, you accept the job offer.
Write a 1,750- to 2,450-word paper and address the following concepts:
- Basic leadership skills you need to succeed
- Methods you use to build effective relationships with superiors and peers
- What role you will play regarding participatory management in the business