Analyze the causes of poor quality health care data and determine the single most significant cause…
Answer each bullet question with only 3-4 sentences singled spaced
(Each bullet needs 1-2 references)
- Analyze the causes of poor quality health care data and determine the single most significant cause, as well as an innovative solution that is addressed in the text.
- From the “Perspective: Documentation” (see attachment), discuss ways that information systems could assist in preventing the problems described. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Analyze the AHIMA characteristics of data quality and discuss what additional factors could be brought into the model to improve the quality of health care data even further.
- Discuss the challenges associated with measuring the quality of health care data and ways that those challenges may be addressed. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Explain whether or not the government should extend the same civil rights to terrorism suspects that American citizens enjoy. Provide support for your argument with specific examples of civil rights and liberties.
- Identify at least two strategies that your current or past employer uses in order to protect the civil rights and liberties of its workers. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the history and evolution of health care information systems and predict major development during the next 20 years. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Discuss why the health care industry lags behind other industries in the adoption of IT and possible steps that could be taken to make health care an “early adopter.”
- Research five health care information system vendors that offer EMR products. Determine which of the five products you researched bests meets the IOM’s definition of EHR and how that product could improve the overall quality of health care in your community. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Analyze the barriers to health information technology addressed (see barrier attachment) and discuss additional barriers as well as what could be done to overcome them.
- Discuss at least two effects on U.S. citizens that stem from the division of power between the federal and state governments.
- Identify at least three effects on political ideologies that arise from the existence of only two major political parties in the U.S.
Download additional files