Accounting Ethics: assess whether or not you believe that the current business and regulatory environment is more conducive to ethical behavior
Many organizations have been in the news over the past few years due to accounting ethical breaches that have affected their customers, employees, or the general public. Search the Internet or the Strayer Library to locate a story in the news that depicts an accounting ethical breach. You may select from any type of organization about which you have information or a curiosity.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Given the corporate ethical breaches in recent times, assess whether or not you believe that the current business and regulatory environment is more conducive to ethical behavior. Provide support for your answer.
- Based on your research, describe the organization, the accounting ethical breach and the impact to the organization related to ethical breach.
- Determine how the organizational ethical issue was detected and how management failed to create an ethical environment.
- Analyze the accounts impacted and / or accounting guidelines violated and the resulting impact to the business operation.
- As a CFO, recommend which measures could have been taken to prevent this ethical breach and how each measure should be implemented in the future.
Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.