This assignment builds on your prior work in the Units 2 and 6 assignments. It is a presentation to your staff describing your analysis, linking what tools you utilized and why you chose those tools. You will use data to support your evidence-base financial decisions. You will also explain your recommendations to maximize stakeholder value, translating those to tactical outcomes to be implemented by your staff.
* Apply the theories, models, and practices of finance to the financial management of an organization.
* Analyze financing strategies to maximize stakeholder value.
* Apply financial analyses to business planning and decision making.
* Use data to support evidence-based financial decisions.
The senior leadership has approved your recommendations to move forward. You are now tasked with operationalizing your recommendations. Meeting with your staff, you will translate recommendations to strategies and corresponding tactical objectives. You will explain how you used financial analysis to develop these recommendations, discussing the financial tools you will use to monitor implementation progress.
You are one of the high-performing financial analyst managers at ABC Healthcare Corporation and are under consideration for a promotion to Director of Operations.
Follow these steps to complete this presentation:
* You are presenting to your staff a summary of the reports presented to senior leadership (Units 2 and 6 assignments).
* Start by presenting the overall current financial condition of the company as presented to senior leadership (one to two slides).
* Provide an overview of your analysis, linking what tools (financial statements, ratios, industry trends, capital structure) you utilized and why you chose these tools (two slides).
* Link the data used to support your evidence-based financial decisions, providing justification for the recommendations (two slides).
* State the recommendations focused on maximizing stakeholder value into strategies newly adopted by the company, i.e., expansion to a new geographical market, the development of a new dividend policy, changes in capital expenditures, reduction of workforce (one slide).
* Translate those strategies to tactical objectives to be implemented by your staff, noting evidenced-based academic citations (one to two slides).
* Discuss what financial tools you will use to monitor the progress of these tactics (one slide).
* Be sure to use a bullet format in your slides but also include detailed narrative supported by relevant literature citations in the notes section.
* Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message and quality.
* Use at least three scholarly resources.
* Length: 8–10 content slides in addition to title and reference slides.
* Use 12 point, Times New Roman.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
* Competency 1: Apply the theories, models, and practices of finance to the financial management of an organization.
* Demonstrate an understanding of key financial tools (financial statements, ratios, industry trends, capital structure, competitive analysis) by providing an overview of the analysis used supporting recommendations made in the Units 2 and 6 assignments. Provide a rationale for why tools were utilized.
* Competency 2: Analyze financing strategies to maximize stakeholder value.
* Link the data used to support evidence-based recommendations, translating the recommendations to strategies focused on maximizing stakeholder value.
* Competency 3: Apply financial analyses to business planning and decision making.
* Translate strategies to tactical objectives to be implemented by staff, noting evidenced-based academic citations.
* Competency 4: Use data to support evidence-based financial decisions.
* Evaluate and recommend financial tools to be used to monitor the progress of these tactics.